Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Today's Games

If there is any risk at all of Steven Gerrard re-injuring his groin, Liverpool is insane to play him today at Stamford Bridge. They may need a miracle to advance against Chelsea, but they don't one to take the Premier League title, just a couple of good breaks and a healthy Gerrard. They have a great shot to knock off Man U, but the Gerrard decision makes me wonder if they won't wind up like the proverbial Mexican perro de dos tortas--so preoccupied with having both, the poor dog winds up with nothing. 

Then again, I'm basing this on a pair of newspaper articles, I'm not a doctor, nor have I seen any of Gerrard's medical reports, nor am I even a particularly knowledgeable fan, so maybe I should trust Rafa and the rest to do the right thing with their most important player. 

As long as we're on Liverpool, check out this goal from el Niño over the weekend. What a freak. 

Halftime update: Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea. I'd like to call attention the second line of a second paragraph: "...nor am I even a particularly knowledgeable fan..." I will certainly blog about football again, but you've been warned about taking anything I write too seriously.

No comments: