Friday, April 17, 2009

Three Ho-hum Fights

None of the fights this weekend really set me on fire, but I'm mildly interested in the Archie Solís-Brian Viloria fight. Viloria's always been as athletic as any of the 108-pound fighters, but he tends to shrink a bit against the toughest fighters. Solís is about as tough a guy as there is at junior flyweight, and I don't think anyone can beat him without being ready to get cracked a fair amount. I just don't see Viloria having the desire to beat him. I expect Viloria to fight sparingly on his way to a wide decision loss. 

I also like Nonito Donaire (whom I've only seen in his spectacular knockout win over Vic Darchinyan) over Raul Martinez (whom I've never seen, but is said to be quite good) by decision, as well as Yuriorkis Gamboa by knockout over Cheo Rojas. 

No comments: