Friday, April 24, 2009

Steadily More Alarming

I didn't really take a whole lot of notice to the cancellation of classes in Mexico City because of a flu epidemic that has already killed 20 pieces in the region. Silly me. Canadian and American officials are calling it an epidemic, and saying it is a never-before-seen mix of avian and swine flu. It has shown up in Sonora (two states away from me), as well as six other Mexican states and the southern US. A coworker told me that she heard a report that people from age 25 to 50 have been abnormally susceptible to the strain, and that the symptoms are almost indistinguishable from like allergies, which many people here in the North suffer from on a daily basis this time of year. I should have listened to my girlfriend and gotten the free vaccine a couple of months ago.

No comments: