Saturday, April 16, 2011

Un Clásico Clásico

Another 5-0 might be a lot to ask for in today's Clásico, now that the venue has shifted to the Bernabeu, but here's to a smashing victory for Lio, Xavi, and the rest.

Also, GolTV has a promotion for the Copa el Rey final (sorry, I can't find it online) based on the November crush job that is simply the finest piece of narrative ever to appear on American television, after The Wire and The Sopranos. I can't do it justice by describing it, but it has black and white footage and overly dramatic music and makes me want to challenge everyone in my apartment complex to an arm-wrestling contest whenever I watch after more than two coffees/beers. (The only person who ever responds --my wife-- declines the challenge.) It's just awesome; it's worth watching a soccer game on GolTV even if you don't speak Spanish or like soccer.

Off for the weekend!

No comments: