Friday, March 20, 2009

Bouncing Back

Last weekend was simply devastating, an awful weekend for my fight picks. It was probably a well timed humbling experience, as I was considering resigning from my job and making my living on high-stakes boxing wagers. Now I know better. But even though it's destined to remain only a hobby, I am determined never to incorrectly predict four fights the same night again. The road back begins today.

Vitali Klitschko will stomp all over Juan Carlos Gómez, scoring a knockout before the sixth. Roy Jones will snag a boring decision win over Omar Sheika in a fight that may have been interesting had it happened eight years ago. In lesser fights, Edison Miranda is going to blow right through Joey Vegas in London in a battle of truly great boxing names, and Fernando Beltrán should take the decision over Miguel Román in a good scrap between Mexican featherweights on Friday Night Fights.

Gancho boxing is (a quite middling) 14-8 on the year.

No comments: