Friday, November 21, 2008

TWIB

First, a note on last week's predictions. A week ago, I wrote of Monte Barrett:
He's crafty, he'll be ready to go twelve rounds, he has a pretty good chin (although it has let him down at times in the past), and he has decent pop.
This was a silly comment. I don't know why I wrote this. I hadn't been drinking, and I wasn't exceptionally tired. I don't consider myself stupid, but I can't fathom why, just a couple of fights after getting starched by Cliff Couser in two rounds, I thought Monte Barrett was ready to go the distance with David Haye. Just plain silly. Even though I pegged the correct result, I can't in good faith count this as a win. It's a No Contest.

Onto this weekend's scraps: I like Paulie Malignaggi over Ricky Hatton in a battle of two guys who have big names but aren't that exciting. I also like Steve Molitor to sneak to a decision over Celestino Cabellero. I haven't seen Molitor a whole lot and I have no idea how his chin is, but he moves really well and I think he takes it on his own turf.

Also, for no good reason: a post-Margarito interview with Miguel Cotto.

No comments: