Friday, November 14, 2008

Making History

The 2012 Mexican presidential race could truly be a historic event for Mexico, not so much for the candidates, but rather their significant others. PRD favorite Marcelo Ebrard is married to actress Mariagna Prats, and now that the PRI’s Enrique Peña Nieto has admitted to seeing Angelica “La Gaviota” Rivera, there’s a good chance that the contest could pit soap star versus soap star in the battle for first lady. Televisa should already be planning a novela/reality show around the election.

Also, allow me to reprint the transcript of the talk show where Peña admitted to the relationship, which could be among the top ten most inane conversations featuring a major politician in the history of television.
Sabina Berman(SB): And some questions of the heart: Are you going out with La Gaviota, yes or no?

Enrique Peña Nieto (EPN): I’m choking on the words. (Laughter)

SB: Are you boyfriend and girlfriend?

EPN: Nobody has asked me before. It’s odd, but never, no one has asked me. There’s been speculation since people saw me with her.

Katia D´Artigues (KD): Nobody has asked you?

Enrique Peña Nieto: No, nobody has asked me.

SB: How odd.

EPN: Nobody has asked me.

KD: Let’s ask you then.

EPN: What did you ask? Yes, yes I’m dating her.

No comments: