Monday, April 6, 2009

Bad News

One of the more amusingly anodyne ads of this election was the Partido Verde spot in which ex-RBDer Maite Perroni walks down an outdoor corridor with federal deputy Xavier López. The two have an earnest discussion about all the good things the PVEM is doing for Mexico's forests, after which Perroni looks enlightened. Because it has an active official discussing his party's work, it was today deemed illegal, sadly. Whatever the case, I just saw it on TV some three minutes ago, so I guess it takes a little while to take effect.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

I saw this one like three times in the Yucatan. Very odd. Now, if Dulce Maria had done it, that would have been a commercial...

pc said...

Hi Lesley,

I feel a little cheated because this is the only of the celebrity spots I've seen. I'm hoping for a deluge of ill-chosen spokespeople as July approaches. Aren't there supposed to be some wrestlers shilling for political parties?

pc said...

And as far as Dulce Maria goes, I've always felt like Maite was unfairly overlooked among the three from RBD. Anahi and Dulce María are everywhere, and Maite is like the tenor that isn't Domingo or Pavarotti. I guess you can chalk it up to a lack of charisma. Alright, I think that's enough about RBD for six months or so.