Sunday, December 28, 2008

Political Innovation

The dedication Mexican internet users show in their online social networking is, to my eyes, astounding. I've often wondered why businesses don't try to capitalize on this activity in some way. I'm not sure exactly how they would do so, but I have no doubt that they could. They just need to be a little more creative than I am. 

But where the businesses are not showing much innovation, the political parties are: the PAN in Querétaro is taking its campaigns for next summer's elections to Facebook and Hi5. Candidates will have their own pages, which will certainly be lame and an easy target for apathetic teens, but at least they're trying. If the PAN scheme avoids becoming a laughingstock and brings a handful of young people to the polls, it should be considered a success. 

No comments: