Friday, August 14, 2009

Excuses and Predictions

A very busy workweek is all I can point to as a reason for the lack of blogging over the past three days. But that's all behind me; expect more next week. 

Before I take off for the weekend, let's get the predictions out of the way. Nonito Donaire continues his audition for the pound-for-pound top 5 with a knockout of Rafael Concepción on Saturday night. On the undercard, Steve Luevano wins a decision over Bernabe Concepción. From Biloxi, I like Roy Jones by decision over Jeff Lacy, Danny Green with a knockout of Julio César Domínguez, and B.J. Flores by knockout over Epifanio Mendoza. (Part-time ESPN commentator Flores' decision to fight a ten-rounder against a blown-up super middleweight with all the big names at cruiser makes you wonder if he's interested in ever making the leap.) In tonight's action, I'll take Vivian Harris by decision over Noé Bolaños.

No comments: