Friday, October 31, 2008

Boxing Worldwide

Lots of bouts across the globe this weekend, and in most of them I'm familiar with only one fighter. In such situations, I will pick the fighter I know, favored or not.

I like Mijares over Darchinyan by comfortable decision (but, as often happens with Cristian, a clueless judge will give one card to the other guy). I think Chávez wins somewhat more easily in his second test against Vanda (and if he can't, if it wasn't just a horrible night at the office but a question of skill the first time around, then I think we can all stop waiting for Chávez to develop into something more and go ahead and assume he just ain't that good). I like Arce to beat García, and Donaire will take care of business against Mthalane (but honestly I have no idea on that last one). I'll take Joel Julio over Sergei Dzindziruk, and Felix Sturm over Sebastian Sylvester.

No comments: