Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Chait on Debate (But Not from Slate)

Granted, he's biased, but this is a pretty strong endorsement:
I'm often frustrated when I watch these debates because the candidate I want to win failed to make the points that occurred to me as I watched. I have never seen a stronger performance than the one Obama gave tonight. I'm very bad at judging how something will play with the public, so I could be wrong yet again. But in substance, in demeanor, in the clarity of his replies, this was a rout.

1 comment:

mattcorcoran1 said...

Couldn't agree more. On $800 billion in new spending, Obama predicted what McCain's response would be and McCain came right out and answered exactly how Obama said he would. Obama was so far ahead he was putting preemptive rebuttals into his arguments and McCain could come up with nothing in response. He looked old and out of his league.