Sunday, August 21, 2011

Reaction to Mexico's Literary Offerings

I just got back from 10 days in Mexico, and one of the more striking illustrations of the increased attention to security was the explosion of books about narcos. When I first moved there in 2005, I believe that there were five or six books that were in the stores: Los Capos, De Los Maras a Los Zetas, El Cártel, and maybe one or two others. There were three times that number, at least, in my most recent trip.

Also, I considered bumping back the return day by one date so as to attend this game. I'm quite glad that I didn't.

2 comments:

Aguachile said...

Welcome back, compañero - I too am very happy you didn't go. Even soccer games now... Abrazo

pc said...

Me too--even la Liga is no longer safe. What a bummer. Un abrazo.