Wednesday, August 20, 2008

'Bout Time

Every good coach makes the right adjustments at halftime. John Dickerson tells us about Obama's:
[In] the last few days he's made his attacks even sharper, emphasizing the link between McCain and Bush and portraying McCain as a poll-driven Washington insider out of touch with regular people. In perhaps the most aggressive attack on his opponent's values, he raised questions about McCain's honor. "I have never suggested, and never will, that Sen. McCain picks his positions on national security based on politics or personal ambition," he said. "I have not suggested it because I believe that he genuinely wants to serve America's national interest. Now, it's time for him to acknowledge that I want to do the same."
I'm not sure that I see Obama attacking McCain's honor in that quote. It seems more like he's defending himself against attacks on his own (like the suggestion that he would rather win an election than a war).

No comments: