Tuesday, April 24, 2012

New Reading

So I had hoped to finish off Malcolm Beith's new book before plugging it here, so I could honestly write something along the lines of, "I've never had such a profoundly life-changing experience as I did during the closing stretch of this opus". Or perhaps slightly less extreme, but you get the idea.

Unfortunately, the Man and the School have combined to make any pleasure reading impossible for several more weeks, if not months, and I want to strike while the iron is hot. So: Malcolm Beith, former Newsweek editor, former The News editor, author of The Last Narco and lots of other good stuff, has a new book out. It's called Hasta El Último Día, and it deals with insecurity in Mexico. You can buy find it at Amazon and at Gandhi. Though I've not read it (see above), I say with all confidence that it is entirely worthy of your time, and will leave you a more thoughtful, informed human.

No comments: