Monday, January 26, 2009

I Know You So Well

I'm not sure if David Hajdu knows Lucinda Williams or not, but I kinda hope he does, because I'd be freaked out if a total stranger wrote the following about me:
Williams gives the impression that she would take you home in a blink, if she thought you wouldn't bore her, and that you would bore her if you haven't read Flannery O'Connor.
The piece is, however, saved by the following paragraph:
The latest hit from Fearless is a marvel of toothlessness called "Love Story, " in which Swift retells Romeo and Juliet truly fearlessly, changing all the stuff about dying that the morbid original writer had in there. "I wrote this song because I could relate to the whole Romeo and Juliet thing," she explained to an interviewer. "I was really inspired by that story. Except for the ending. I feel like they had such promise, and they were so crazy for each other, and if that had just gone a little bit differently, it could have been the best love story ever told."

No comments: