Sunday, January 10, 2010

Wow

I am watching the final moments of the Ravens-Pats game on Fox Sports Latin America, and José Pablo Cuello* just sent a saludo to a female coworker who evidently has aspirations to one day do the color commentary for an NFL game. Said aspiration provoked a chortle from one of his co-announcers, Fernando Von Rossum Garza, as well as the following response: "Women have other chores at home."

Von Rossum actually tried to say it twice, but Cuello, sensing what was coming, spoke over him the first time. Von Rossum waited for his moment, then pounced, before being rebuked by his presumably petrified partner.

I remain shocked to have heard that; as much as you might hear about Mexican machismo, such an open expression of it in the mass media is very rare.

*I'm not 100 percent sure who said what; José Pablo Cuello, Fernando Von Rossum Garza, and Ernesto Del Valle are the announcers, and I am reasonably certain that it was Von Rossum who uttered the offending comment. If I am mixed up, I preemptively offer a gigantic apology to Von Rossum.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what would you expect of an ignorant as F v R Jr

pc said...

Yeah he's not a favorite of mine, I went with Raul Allegre and ESPN for the super bowl.